Your financial donation will help provide safe shelter for battered women or their children needing critical emergency help!
Shop at Amazonsmile and Amazon will make a donation to Sistecare, Inc.
Sistercare is a program of services for battered women and their children residing in Richland, Lexington, Fairfield, Newberry and Kershaw counties in South Carolina.
Children's Counseling Services: Counseling services are provided for children of shelter residents to help them address the effects of violence on their lives. Recreational activities are available for the children also.
Community Support Groups and Individual Counseling Services: Support groups facilitated by counselors and formerly battered women are available for abused women in the counties we serve. Children's counseling groups are held in Richland and Lexington counties. Domestic violence survivors help one another through group discussion, receive support in dealing with the violence they have experienced, and learn of options and resources available to them. Community-based individual counseling is offered to battered women who do not reside in the shelters.
Community Education and Training: Presentations are offered by a Sistercare trainer to victim service providers, volunteers and the community on the issues of domestic violence, and Sistercare's services. A volunteer speakers' bureau is available to address civic, religious and professional organizations in order to raise awareness and understanding of the victimization of women and their children.Sistercare is able to provide training on any subject related to domestic violence, dating violence and stalking for FREE to your business or organization. A portion of Sistercare's mission is to promote prevention of domestic violence through community awareness and education. Providing this service to your business or group ensures that we are accomplishing our mission. Education is a key to an increased understanding and prevention of domestic violence. To schedule training for your group, please call Sistercare's Director of Community, Clinical and Educational Services at 803.926.0505.
Court Advocacy: Services are provided by advocates to inform battered women about the legal process and options available to them to protect their rights. We help domestic violence victims obtain professional legal services, accompany them to court and advocate protection through the judicial system.
- Emergency Shelters: Three shelters in Richland and Lexington counties are available in our five county service areas for battered women and their children who need a safe place to stay. The shelters offer a non-judgmental atmosphere where women can escape violence and plan for the future. Counseling, court advocacy, referrals for increasing self-sufficiency, room, food, laundry facilities, clothing, transportation, and more are provided.
- 24 Hour Crisis/Service Line: A 24-hour, 7 days-a-week service line is operated for individuals in need of domestic violence services.
- Shelter Follow-up Program: As survivors of domestic violence leave the Sistercare shelters and return to their community, services are offered to them and their children in the areas of counseling, support, resource development, and court advocacy.
- Transitional Housing: Domestic violence victims and their children transition from Sistercare emergency shelters into homes throughout the Midlands where they receive counseling, parenting services, financial assistance, and services to help them gain employment, education, and vocational training to become financially stable.
- Rural Outreach Program: Satellite counseling centers in Fairfield, Kershaw, Lexington and Newberry counties offer a range of advocacy, crisis intervention, and counseling services.
- Teen Group: The Teen Group is a group for teen girls, ages 13 - 17, that meets weekly in Cayce from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. This counseling group gives teens an opportunity to discuss dating violence and domestic violence in their home. Adolescent girls must have parental approval to attend.
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline | 1-866-331-9474